It’s 41 days until my half marathon and I haven’t even started on my uphill training sessions yet – gulp!
I ran the race in 2008 and recorded some interesting statistics on my Garmin:
- 1889m of elevation gain
- 1392m of elevation loss
- 3:15 to complete the race
- Average heart rate 82% of max
- 925 calories burnt
I was hoping to beat my time quite significantly this year but my training has been restricted due to injury. So now, the only goal I have is to finish!
I’m moving into a different phase of training this week. No longer classing myself as injured or even recovering from injury I am just going to get on with training. I will, of course, still listen to my body, ice my adductors and stretch after every run.
I am also a mountain biker as well as a runner and yesterday’s mountain bike ride made me realise I am neglecting the riding in favour of the running. So my new plan will incorporate riding as well as running. This is what I am proposing…
- Monday – easy mountain bike ride
- Tuesday – Long, uphill training run
- Wednesday – easy mountain bike ride
- Thursday – Short, intense hill run
- Friday – longer or more difficult mountain bike ride
- Saturday – day off
- Sunday – gentle run with fartlek sprints
I’ll let you know how I get on next week!